20 years experience offering high quality products and dependable
personal customer service. We are helping people help themselves.
responsibility for your health today!
New Cellfood Nutritional
Please Help Others With Your Testimonials
Need answers to questions?
Lite Body Gems / Metabolic Support
Out of Stock
We are pleased to announce a new and highly enhanced fat burning product. The elements of this formula, when combined with good timing throughout the day serve as a powerful team to eliminate excess body fat. All of these fat-burning components are energized with a patented laser technology to increase their power and efficiency of use in the body.
The lite body gems
are AMAZING. I have literally taken EVERY diet pill, hoax, SURGERY,
diet plan, yadda yadda, yadda. NOTHING has almost nearly diminished
my hunger except Lite Body gems. I actually say the words, "I am not
hungry, no, I don't want to eat." to my grandma, husband.... it is
truly a miracle. THANK YOU for placing this in my hands!
Lite Body Gems(tm) is the ultimate metabolism boosting fat burning formula. It contains nutrients that help the body burn fat while building muscle. Key fat burning components of the formula are L-Carnitine, CoQ10 and the catabolic amino acids. In addition to raising metabolism, the formula promotes increased thyroid activity as well as appetite and sugar craving suppression. Metabolic studies at Scripps Research Clinic showed an average increase in Basal Metabolic Rate of over 200 calories per day.
* This product, Lite Body Gems, consists of several nutrients that are essential for activating and sustaining the fat burning process. Using state of the art respiratory metabolic testing at the prestigious Scripps Clinic, pilot tests have shown a highly significant 16% increase in basal metabolic rate within 9-10 days of starting this fat-burning formula. Basal metabolic rate is the number of calories the body burns at rest 24 hours a day.
* The observed increase in metabolic rate represents an average increase in caloric expenditure of about 200 calories per day. For a person starting in equal caloric balance, this increase equates to burning off twenty pounds of pure fat per year. The hallmark of this program has been rapidly melting fat while muscle is preserved and built.
* In addition to the nutritional supplements, a summary of adjunctive methods of diet composition and timing, exercise, and subtle habit shifts will be offered. This will provide a complete plan so each individual can tailor for themselves an optimum program for reshaping the body and improving fitness, strength, and overall well-being.
* Many persons unable to lose weight are found to be deficient in nutrients vital to the fat burning process. Unless these nutrients are replaced even extremes of diet and exercise may be of little benefit in the effort to lose weight. New and enhanced the Lite Body Gems has been enriched with an even greater level and range of those nutrients absolutely essential to promote and support burning off undesirable fat while preserving muscle mass.
* Body composition is a far more important target than weight alone. Body composition refers to the percentage of weight that is due to fat compared to the weight from lean body tissue such as bone and muscle. A program which results in burning off five pounds of fat while gaining five pounds of muscle is far healthier than a plan which results in losing five pounds of fat and wasting five additional pounds of muscle. In the first circumstance, there is no change in measured weight but body composition is much improved; in the second, although the scales show a ten-pound weight loss it is at the expense of a significant loss of functional protein. Measuring percent body fat changes can make the distinction between these patterns or, as an indirect measure, the loss of inches while muscle strength and tone is improved indicates improved body composition.
* The Lite Body Gems has been designed to promote accelerated fat burning while preserving or increasing muscle mass. The three main elements of this formula are fat burners, tissue sustainers, and metabolism supporting cofactors.
* Fat Burners: The principal fat burners in the Lite Body Gems are L-Carnitine, Coenzyme Q10, and catabolic amino acids. L-Carnitine is an amino acid required for transporting fat across the membranes of mitochondria so that it can be burned to generate cellular energy. L-Carnitine deficiency can make it difficult to burn fat even in the face of severe calorie restriction. Supplementation of this nutrient has been found to be very beneficial for improving heart function and brain energy, and for proper metabolism of fat and cholesterol.
* In the new Lite Body Gems the milligram content of L-Carnitine has nearly tripled. In addition we are using the latest advancement in L-Carnitine chemistry - a special process for coating the molecule to make it more stable to moisture. Without this coating, the molecule is very unstable to moisture and will self-digest on a spoon in open air. This new process not only greatly increases the stability of the molecule; the L-Carnitine per milligram of compound is greatly increased. This translates to a much richer L-Carnitine content to assist with gaining a foothold for victory in the battle of the bulge.
* Coenzyme Q10 is also essential to permit fat to be burned within the cells. One study showed that about half of overweight persons unable to lose weight were deficient in CoQ10; they were able to lose weight easily once CoQ10 was supplemented. CoQ10 has been well studied to be highly beneficial for heart function, is a potent immune enhancer, and may help lower blood pressure. The level of this powerful ingredient has been doubled in Lite Body Gems. The amount ingested with the recommended usage of Lite Body Gems is in the range associated with significant benefits in heart and immune system function in research studies.
* The catabolic amino acids are those that help stimulate the body to break down fat and worn out tissue in need of repair. According to the Amino Acid Revolution, these are L-methionine, L-taurine, L-cysteine, L-asparagine, and L-glutamic acid. The hours of day that body physiology is naturally catabolic are between 4PM and 10PM. Catabolic amino acids, especially during these hours of day, can promote the shift to fat burning even if metabolism has been sluggish for a long time. The level of catabolic amino acids in Lite Body Gems has been significantly boosted to help rev up your metabolic engine.
* Tissue Sustainers: Sustaining elements are factors that preserve muscle tissue and other vital body proteins. These include the branched chain amino acids L-Valine, L-Leucine, and L-Isoleucine that specifically nourish, preserve, and build muscle. In addition, a broad spectrum of anabolic or vital tissue restoring amino acids is included to regenerate enzymes, proteins, and healthy tissue elements.
* The laser activation process has been engineered to energize the amino acids into a form in which they may be especially efficiently absorbed and used by the body. Partially digested proteins that provide strings of amino acids may undergo significant degradation before the remaining aminos become available to the tissues. Even free form amino acids, the Cadillacs of the amino supplement world, may be subject to a degree of digestion to less useful compounds, which laser activation may assist significantly to overcome.
* Cofactor Support: Cofactors added to Lite Body Gems to strive for optimum results include vitamins, minerals, and trace elements. The purpose of these cofactors is to provide all the components needed to support the metabolic pathways of fat burning at the time of ingesting the formula. If all the cofactors required for the many steps of melting fat are present, the full potential of fat burning is restored.
* The vitamin cofactors include niacin (B3), B6, and vitamin C. Niacin is necessary for utilization of fats and for generating energy from food. Niacin also assists the process of DNA synthesis. In higher doses it reduces cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is required for proper metabolism of fats, protein, and carbohydrates. It also assists in the conversion of L-tryptophan to serotonin, the feel good neurotransmitter in the brain. Vitamin C also participates in fat and carbohydrate metabolism and promotes collagen synthesis, tissue repair, and healthy blood vessels. The recommended daily use of Lite Body Gems will provide over 100% of the minimum daily requirement for each of these vitally important supports to efficient fat metabolism.
* Niacin may cause a flushing and itching reaction that begins in 20-30 minutes after ingestion. Usually it requires taking 150-200 mg or more to get this response, which may be made more intense by exercise or a hot shower. With only 10 mg per capsule a flushing like effect may occur with Lite Body Gems, which is an indication of heightened potency of the laser activated nutrients.
* Vitamin B1 (thiamin) and B2 (riboflavin) have also been added as cofactors for glucose and energy metabolism in the body, and to provide a more complete B vitamin complex. B1 and B2 also help to preserve the integrity of mucous membranes and sustain normal function of the nervous system. Three or more Lite Body Gems capsules daily provides over 100% of the minimum daily requirement for these vitamins.
* Highly absorbable mineral cofactors provide additional key elements to support the enzymes of fat and general metabolism. These added minerals include magnesium, manganese, and zinc, which all have a vital role in energy metabolism in the body.
* Magnesium is essential for proper function of critical enzymes required for burning fat as fuel and is also essential for optimal skeletal development and repair. Magnesium may also have a protective action on the heart and improve the metabolism of blood sugar. We are using a Magnesium amino acid chelate that has been extensively studied and proven to be very well absorbed and used, in contrast to the inorganic form in many supplements that may be of limited biological value.
* The root chela means claw, indicating that amino acids are wrapped around the mineral to serve as a shuttle vessel for efficient absorption and use. Without chelation, inorganic minerals may be absorbed into the body and not utilized, accumulating as potentially toxic deposits in joints, blood vessels, and other tissues. Not only may absorption of chelated minerals be as much as double or greater than that of inorganic minerals, biologic utilization may also be much greater.
* Manganese helps many body enzymes generate energy and promotes normal growth and development. Manganese is concentrated in the pituitary gland, pancreas, and kidneys and supports their optimal function. Manganese is also required for normal thyroid function that helps to set basal metabolic rate, the main determinant of fat burning that occurs at all hours of the day. The chelated form of this mineral is used and has been shown to have excellent absorption in human studies.
* Zinc functions as an anti-oxidant, helps synthesize DNA and RNA, and promotes cell division, repair, and growth. Zinc may be necessary for male potency and is required for normal taste and smell. Chelated zinc may also fight colds, preserve vision, and protect the prostate gland.
* Chromium is a trace element that has been touted for its blood sugar stabilizing, cholesterol lowering, and fat burning effects. Lab animals fed chromium had a 33% increase in life span. Four capsules of Lite Body Gems provide 200 micrograms of highly absorbable chromium, the level associated with significant health benefits in human studies.
* Lite Body Gems also provides organic Selenium chelated with the amino acid L-methionine. Selenium is a powerful anti-oxidant that may help control free radical formation when the body is in a fat burning state. Selenium ingestion has been associated with significant protection against heart disease and cancer. The inorganic form of Selenium provided in some supplements may not only be poorly absorbed, the body may not be able to convert it to the Seleno-methionine combination needed for effective function in the body. The Seleno-methionine in Lite Body Gems provides Selenium in the optimum form for systemic absorption and use.
* Thyroid Boost: Some persons have difficulty losing weight because of under activity of the thyroid gland. Thyroid hormone sets the metabolic rate in the body, the number of calories the body burns at rest each day. Iodine has been added to the formula and the amino acid tyrosine has been increased. Iodine and tyrosine are converted into thyroid hormone in the thyroid gland. Ensuring that minimum daily requirements are met for Iodine and giving it with free form tyrosine may help increase thyroid hormone production and reset metabolism to the level that restores the ability to burn off fat.
* Appetite Reduction: The amino acid L-phenylalanine may suppress appetite through two powerful mechanisms. L-phenylalanine stimulates the stomach to release a hormone called CCK (cholecystokinin). This is the same hormone that the stomach releases when it is full of food to signal the satiety center in the brain that it is time to stop eating. In addition, L-phenylalanine is converted to adrenaline and noradrenalin in the body, which not only reduce appetite, but also increase physical and mental energy.
* Some diet aids contain stimulants that give adrenaline and noradrenalin like effects. Although appetite may be suppressed by these means, such stimulants may deplete internal stores of adrenaline by interfering with uptake mechanisms within cells. This may result in increasing dependency on the stimulant while body stores are becoming more adrenaline depleted. L-phenylalanine supplementation strengthens the adrenaline pathway and suppresses appetite while building reserves and energy.
* Craving Crushers: A sweet tooth and sugar cravings can be the worst enemy of attempts at burning fat. L-glutamine as a free form amino acid has been found to be a direct suppressant of the urge to down HoHo's and other sugary sweets. The L-glutamine in Lite Body Gems may not only help fight the sugar binge impulse, it is a pure brain fuel that also helps to detoxify ammonia.
* L-Glycine levels are usually low in overweight persons. Since L-Glycine tastes sweet, depressed levels of this amino acid are implicated as a cause of a "sweet tooth." L-Glycine has been increased in Lite Body Gems to help reduce sugar cravings that may be due to depletion of this important amino acid.
* Extreme sugar cravings may sometimes result from fat burning dietary regimes that are protein rich and carbohydrate restricted. In those who get this unwelcome side effect, the proposed mechanism is through depression of serotonin levels in the brain. The amino acid precursor of serotonin is L-tryptophan. High protein intake may impair entry of the somewhat bulky L-tryptophan into the brain, while carbohydrate ingestion can improve brain uptake of this amino acid. Reduced brain L-tryptophan entry may cause falling serotonin levels that can depress mood and energy and cause insomnia.
* In this scenario the sugar craving reflects the brain's signal to please let me have my feel good chemistry back. Supplementing the diet with free form L-tryptophan is an elegant way to restore brain neurochemistry and curb the cravings. Unfortunately, L-tryptophan is no longer available without a prescription.
* The redeeming news is that a far more potent alternative is available as a dietary supplement. This even more powerful choice is the amino acid 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan, abbreviated 5HTP. In the brain, L-tryptophan is converted to 5HTP, which then becomes serotonin. 5HTP is the very immediate precursor of serotonin and therefore milligram for milligram has a much stronger action at enhancing the serotonin production pathway.
* The addition of 5HTP to Lite Body Gems may help to prevent depletion of serotonin precursors on the carbohydrate-restricted programs that may be the best fat burning regimes. Improved ability to produce serotonin may be a powerful antidote to sugar cravings and the urge to binge. Repletion of serotonin chemistry may also help balance and improve mood, and promote restful sleep.
* Adding 5HTP completes the enhancement of Lite Body Gems to provide the metabolic cofactors and neurochemical precursors required to jump start, promote, and sustain the fat burning process. Lite Body Gems also supplies essential nutrients that are often deficient in overweight persons that are desperately needed to be able to burn fat at all.
* Superior Cycling: To achieve the best results with the Lite Body Gems requires optimum timing of use and individual adjustment. Lite Body Gems is best taken 25-45 minutes before meals. The reason for the lead-time is to allow the appetite inhibitors and sugar craving stoppers to be absorbed and reach a peak effect before eating. The suggested use of Lite Body Gems is 1-2 before breakfast, lunch and dinner; adjust the amount taken to the level that reduces sugar and food cravings.
* Methylation Factors: In addition to the fat burning components of this formula, Methylation Factors have been added. Methylation is driven by the ingredient TMG (trimethylglycine or Betaine). TMG provides methyl groups to detoxify homocysteine. A methyl group consists of a carbon atom attached to three hydrogen atoms. Methyl groups are widely used in the body for detoxification and DNA repair. After TMG converts toxic homocysteine into Methionine and SAMe, it becomes DMG, the most popular nutrient performance enhancer sold in the U.S. Methyl groups break down harmful chemicals, are required for growth of new cells, prevents DNA mutations and strand breaks, prevents expression of disease causing genes, may reduce the risk of genetically induced cancers, protects against alcohol induced liver injury, and may slow and even reverse aging.
* Suggested Duration and pattern of use will vary from person to person, as the regimen unfolds for each individual. An early indicator that the program is working for you is reduction of appetite and sugar cravings such that smaller meals with less refined sugar are eaten without loss of satiety.
* Other indicators that you are on course are increased physical energy, a natural inclination to greater physical activity, and never feeling bloated or overstuffed after a meal. Feeling physically warmer occurred often in early testing of the Lite Body Gems and suggests an increase in basal metabolism, the rate at which the body is burning off fat 24 hours a day. If you experience greater physical warmth than usual at any time of day, this is an indication to you that you have revved up the fat burning process.
* Optimum rate of weight loss is approximately one half to one pound per week. Faster rates of weight reduction are much more likely to be associated with wastage of muscle and other vital body proteins. In the first few weeks of your program weight reduction may be somewhat more rapid do to release of water in addition to fat.
* The best duration to remain on the Fat Burning Program depends on your fat burning and body reshaping goals. If you are able to get a measure of your percent body fat through caliper testing, water immersion (the gold standard), or electronic measurement, this will help define the number of fat pounds to shed to strive for an ideal range of about 14-18% for men and 18-24% for women. The Zone Diet offers a method for estimating percent body fat without need of special appliances.
* The most sustainable results are achieved if the fat burning sheds about three to five pounds of fat per month until your target is achieved. The highest intent is not just to lose fat pounds but also to develop a pattern of nutrition, activity, and habits that reshapes the body to an optimum composition for you with high levels of fitness and energy. Once you have achieved your body composition goals, taking Lite Body Gems from time to time may help preserve your gains.
The some of the major ingredients in this Lite Body Gems are as follows:
* The amino acid L-Carnitine acts as a kind of escort service for fat, moving it into the little power centers of the cells (called mitochondria) so that the fat can be burned for energy. Quite simply, without optimal amounts of L-Carnitine, there is not optimal fat burning taking place. By facilitating the youthful transport of fatty acids into the cell's mitochondria, acetyl-L-Carnitine better enables dietary fats to be converted to energy and muscle. L-Carnitine has also been shown to protect cells throughout the body against age-related degeneration. Most clinical research has focused on the brain, where improved mood, memory and cognition have been observed in response to L-Carnitine administration. L-Carnitine is particularly effective in promoting anti-aging when combined with coenzyme Q10 to maintain the function of mitochondria.
* The effects of aging were dramatically demonstrated when scientists measured cell energy activity and respiration rates in the heart mitochondria of rats. Both cellular energy and respiration was depressed around 40% in the older rats. When acetyl-L-Carnitine was administered, their heart rates became almost completely restored to the metabolic function level of young control rats. This study showed that the heart mitochondrial content of cardiolipin, a key agent necessary for mitochondrial substrate transport, was markedly reduced in aged rats. Treatment of aged rats with acetyl-L-Carnitine reversed the age-associated decline in cardiolipin content. This newly identified mechanism helps explain why acetyl-L-Carnitine is so beneficial in treating congestive heart failure in humans.
* L-Taurine permits fat to be burned without free radical injury to tissue. It is an amino acid compound that is used to help absorb fats and fat-soluble vitamins. L-Taurine also helps regulate the heartbeat, maintain cell membrane stability, and prevent brain cell over-activity. Taurine's best-established use is to treat congestive heart failure (CHF), a condition in which the heart muscle progressively weakens. Several studies support this claim. For example, in one double-blind trial, 58 people with CHF took either placebo or 2 g of taurine 3 times daily for 4 weeks. Then the groups were switched. During L-Taurine treatment, the study participants showed highly significant improvement in breathlessness, heart palpitations, fluid buildup, and heart x ray, as well as standard scales of heart failure severity.
* In a recent scientific study led by Dr. David J. Bouchier-Hayes, investigators recruited 15 healthy smokers and 15 healthy non-smokers. Initially, the smokers' blood vessel diameter was smaller than non-smokers'. After taking 1.5 grams per day of taurine for five days, the smokers' blood vessel diameter increased, equaling that of non-smokers. Study results were published in the January 7, 2003 issue of Circulation.
* L-Lysine is one of the 8 essential amino acids, helpful in the production of antibodies to fight disease and enzymes necessary for tissue repair. It is needed for growth and to help maintain nitrogen balance in the body as well as to help the body absorb and conserve calcium. Lysine is commonly used to treat symptoms caused by the Herpes Simplex-1 virus including cold sores. It also promotes tissue repair and collagen formation, helps promote bone growth & healthy skin, helps prevent osteoporosis and high blood pressure and acts as a precursor for L-Carnitine which improves stress tolerance & fat metabolism. Therefore, L-Lysine promotes the use of fat for energy production.
* Dr D. H. Rushton from the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Portsmouth in the U.K. stated in a recent article "the role of the essential amino acid, L-lysine in the prevention of hair loss appears to be important. Double-blind data confirmed the findings of an open study in women with increased hair shedding, where a significant proportion responded to L-lysine and iron therapy."
* L-Phenylalanine is a stimulant that promotes alertness and physical vitality. It is a powerful appetite suppressant and antidepressant. Phenylalanine is used by the brain to produce norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter depleted by stress, caffeine, nicotine, pollution, and some pharmacological and recreational drugs. Phenylalanine also helps replace dopamine, the neurotransmitter responsible for feelings associated with sexual pleasure, confidence, and euphoria.
* In 1978, Dr. Seymour Ehrenpreis and other members of the Departments of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology at the University of Chicago Medical School published the results of a clinical study of DPhenylalanine (DPA) in the treatment of various chronic pain conditions. This first study of the analgesic effects of DPA was published in Advances in Pain Research and Therapy and was also presented at the prestigious Second World Congress on Pain, an international forum drawing together the world's pain treatment experts to discuss pain research findings. Clinicians have found that DLPA is particularly effective in treating the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.
* L-Glutamic Acid & L-Glutamine
* L-Glutamic Acid is the precursor for L-Glutamine, the most abundant free-form amino acid found in muscle tissue. L-Glutamine plays a vital role in protein metabolism, muscle tissue formation and recovery, proper brain function and intestinal health. It is the primary energy source for the cells that line the intestines and is essential to keeping them healthy. L-Glutamine may also be helpful in the treatment of senility, impotence, intestinal disorders, fibrosis, and alcoholism.
* Recent scientific studies on L-Glutamine and the amino acid L-Taurine have shown that Glutamine can improve protein metabolism and minimize the breakdown of muscle tissue in people suffering from severe metabolic stress. Supplementing with glutamine also was shown to increase cell volumization. One L-Glutamine study showed that subjects taking a glutamine supplement had accelerated fat burning compared to those taking the placebo. Another recent study found that consuming as little as 2 gm of free form L-Glutamine may cause up to a 400% increase in growth-hormone levels. During strenuous exercise the need for glutamine appears to increase. Recent studies have shown the dramatic effect exertion has on the body's glutamine reserves. Seven healthy athletes doing intensive anaerobic exercise showed a 45 percent drop in plasma glutamine compared to their pre-exercise levels. When the same athletes did intensive aerobic exercise, their plasma glutamine dropped 50 percent. Some runners still had depressed glutamine levels even six days after recovering from the aerobic program, suggesting that they needed more glutamine than their diets could provide.
* L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is synthesized from phenylalanine and is important to the structure of almost all proteins in the body. It is converted by skin cells into melanin, the dark pigment that protects against the harmful effects of ultraviolet light, and is used by the body to make the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine, which play a role in elevating mood and keeping us alert. Through its effect on neurotransmitters, L-tyrosine may affect several health conditions, including Parkinson's disease, depression, and other mood disorders. Its use has resulted in improved sex drive and easing the adverse effects of environmental, psychosocial, and physical stress.
* One study indicated that L-tyrosine may suppress appetite. In a rat study, L-tyrosine increased the appetite-suppressant effects of phenylpropanolamine, ephedrine, and amphetamine. A clinical study detailed two patients with long-standing depression who failed to respond to anti-depressant drugs as well as electric shock therapy. Instead, both patients were given amphetamine treatments; one patient required 20 mg/day to remain depression-free, and the other required 15 mg/day. Within two weeks of starting L-tyrosine, 100 mg/kg once a day before breakfast, the first patient was able to eliminate all amphetamine medication, and the second was able to reduce the amphetamine intake to 5 mg/day. In another case report, a 30-year-old female with a two-year history of depression showed marked improvement after two weeks of treatment with L-tyrosine, 100 mg/kg/day in three divided doses. None experienced side effects.
* The amino acid L-Glycine is one of the major inhibitory neurotransmitters in your brain making it essential for central nervous system function. It helps build up glycogen levels (stored glucose in the liver) and helps make DNA, skin proteins, collagen, & phospholipids (which make cell membranes). Because high concentrations of L-Glycine are found in the skin and connective tissues, it is useful for repairing damaged tissues and promoting healing. It also participates in the major energy producing biochemical reaction in the body.
* Two studies found L-Glycine increased HGH in the serum. The decline of human growth hormone (HGH) with age is directly associated with many of the symptoms of aging, including wrinkling, gray hair, decreased energy, and diminished sexual function. Lack of growth hormone contributes to increasing body fat, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and an inclination toward other aging-related diseases. In one study, 6.75 grams of L-Glycine at bedtime caused a three-fold increase in HGH, while a Japanese research team showed that 30 grams of L-Glycine raised HGH levels ten times over baseline in patients who had gastric surgery.
* Chromium Chelate
* Chromium, an essential trace mineral, is required for insulin production to maintain healthy blood sugar levels. The Chromium improves the metabolism of glucose and reduces the tendency to hypoglycemia. In other words, it helps keep your sugar levels balanced between meals so you are less likely to snack. It may help lower overall cholesterol levels while raising the beneficial HDL cholesterol level. Chromium been widely promoted as an aid to burning fat and building muscle.
* In a study conducted at the Health and Medical Research Foundation in San Antonio, Texas, researchers examined the effect of chromium on body composition in 154 subjects. The randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled study administered 200 and 400mcg of chromium daily for a total of 72 days. Body composition was measured before and after the test period by using underwater displacement testing. Patients however were allowed to follow any diet they chose, and did not receive any weight loss, dietary or exercise guidance from the researchers. On completion of the post trial exam, body composition improvement (BCI) was calculated for each subject by adding the amount of body fat lost and nonfat mass gained, while then subtracting fat gained and lean mass lost. The researchers found that both the 200mcg and 400mcg groups had significantly higher positive changes in BCIs compared to placebo. Those taking chromium experienced an average fat loss of 2 ½ pounds versus about one quarter pound in the placebo group. The researchers also observed a gain of 4 pounds of lean body mass in the chromium groups; versus less than one half pound in the placebo group.
* L-Aspartic Acid
* L-Aspartic acid is involved in building DNA, and metabolizing carbohydrates and protein. It is a carrier molecule for the transport of magnesium and potassium in throughout the body. Aspartic acid is also a major excitatory transmitter in the brain. It is frequently found to be decreased in people with unipolar depression and brain atrophy, and may be increased in people who have suffered seizures or strokes. By aiding in the expulsion of harmful ammonia, Aspartic acid protects the nervous system. It also protects the liver and enhances the function of the immune system. Minerals form a unique chelate with aspartic acid to form aspartates. Potassium and magnesium forms of the aspartates appear to be agents that enhance muscular work and aerobic competency. Recent studies in trained athletes indicate some advantage of using magnesium or potassium aspartate as mineral sources for improving aerobic competency during exercise.
* Ascorbic Acid / Vitamin C This powerful antioxidant supports the immune system - preventing colds and other illnesses, shields the body from damaging environmental toxins, and protects cells from free radical damage. Vitamin C is also essential for proper adrenal function, the formation of collagen, tissue health and the absorption of other nutrients.
* L-Cystine & L-Cysteine
* L-Cystine is a stable form of the amino acid L-Cysteine. The body is capable of converting one to the other as required and in metabolic terms they can be thought of as the same. Both cystine and cysteine are rich in sulphur and can be readily synthesized by the body. Cystine is found abundantly in hair keratin, insulin and certain digestive enzymes. Cystine or cysteine is needed by the body for proper utilization of vitamin B6.
* L-Cysteine, together with Glycine and glutamic acid, forms the all-important antioxidant glutathione. L-Cysteine contributes to the formation of protein in our bodies. It plays a role in energy metabolism, both by being able to convert to glucose & be used as fuel and by playing a part in the synthesis of fatty acids. It is an important free radical antioxidant in cellular systems, acting in the liver to help detoxify carcinogens and other dangerous chemicals, thus protecting the body against damage induced by alcohol and cigarette smoking. One study showed its effectiveness in preventing the side effects of drinking, such as hangover, and that it prevented liver and brain damage as well.
* Cysteine is essential for T-cell proliferation & activation in the immune system. Cysteine is a major component of skin, hair, & fingernails. Studies show that cysteine supplementation can increase hair shaft diameter and hair growth density in some cases of hair loss.
* Drs. Leonard A. and Leonore A. Herzenberg, both PhD, of Stanford University's Department of Genetics, reported on three placebo-controlled clinical trials showing that oral Cysteine raises glutathione in persons with HIV. The study suggests that Cysteine, or other treatments to restore abnormally low blood levels of glutathione, may be helpful in HIV infection and a number of other illnesses as well.
* L-Valine, L-Leucine & L-Isoleucine
* L-Valine, L-Leucine, and L-Isoleucine are known as branched chain amino acids, the most potent muscle builders of the aminos. Their use can reduce appetite, reverse the tendency of muscles breakdown with heavy exertion, and increase muscle growth. Within two hours of ingestion, 100 percent of branched chain amino acids are available to muscle.
* Recent studies have indicated that Valine, Leucine, and Isoleucine supplementation can aid in muscle repair in individuals who have been seriously injured. It has been found that after injury an individual mobilizes the branched-chain amino acids from his or her muscles to synthesize glucose in the liver. Supplementation with Valine and Leucine, and Isoleucine may be very helpful in preventing muscle breakdown after trauma.
* Studies on people with alcoholic cirrhosis have shown a benefit to consuming L-Valine, L-Leucine, and L-Isoleucine. These branched-chain amino acids enhance protein synthesis in liver cells, help restore liver function, and prevent chronic encephalopathy.
* L-Threonine promotes the proper utilization of dietary protein. It is an important constituent in many body proteins and is necessary for the formation of tooth enamel protein, collagen and elastin. It is a precursor to the amino acids Glycine and Serine as well as glucose in the central nervous system. In the liver, Threonine makes body protein structures, stores glucose and act as a lipotropic in controlling fat build-up. Threonine is useful in the stabilization of blood sugar because it can be converted into glucose in the liver by the process of gluconeogenesis. Individuals who have undergone burns or trauma have been found to have greater urinary spill of Threonine, indicating that it is mobilized from tissues after a trauma. Recent research indicates that increasing Threonine intake during these periods may help in the recovery after injury. Threonine is known to require vitamin B-6, magnesium, and niacin for its optimal utilization and metabolism in the body. It is therapeutically useful when administered along with the branched-chain amino acids Valine, Isoleucine, and Leucine.
* Niacin / Vitamin B3
* Niacin (Vitamin B-3) is a water-soluble vitamin required by all living cells. It is absorbed in the intestine but little is stored in the body and any excess of the vitamin is excreted in the urine. It can be synthesized in the body from tryptophan but only the L-isomer of tryptophan can be converted into niacin, and the conversion requires the presence of thiamine, pyridoxine, and riboflavin. Niacin is a major constituent of the coenzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP). These enzymes are involved in respiration where they act as hydrogen acceptors. They are essential in the reactions involved in the release of energy from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Niacin is also involved in the synthesis of protein, fat, and pentoses needed for nucleic acid formation.
* Pyridoxine / Vitamin B-6
* Pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6) is a component of the water-soluble vitamin B-complex vitamins. It is composed of three closely related chemical compounds: pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine. These three compounds are metabolically and functionally interrelated and are readily interconverted. Vitamin B-6 is involved in protein, fat, and carbohydrate metabolism, and is a component of the molecular configuration of many enzymes. Vitamin B-6 functions primarily in the reactions involved in the non-oxidative degradation of amino acids. Vitamin B-6 is an important enzyme in the biosynthesis of hemoglobin and in the production of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) from glutamic acid. Vitamin B-6 is sometimes used to treat anemic patients and can also help correct the depression, malaise, glucose intolerance and increased tryptophan excretion in some women using oral contraceptives.
* Thiamine / Vitamin B1
* As an enzyme, Thiamine enables glucose to be used as a fuel. In brain and nerve tissue, Thiamine plays a vital role in energizing nerve tissue so that normal messages can be transmitted through the entire nervous system. Since the nervous system is the most metabolically active tissue in the body, Thiamine is crucial for governing the high consumption of oxygen, which is the hallmark of metabolic rate. This process enhances circulation and assists in blood formation, carbohydrate metabolism, and the production of hydrochloric acid, which is important for proper digestion. Thiamine also optimizes cognitive activity and brain function. It has a positive effect on energy, growth, normal appetite, and learning capacity, and is needed for muscle tone of the intestines, stomach, and heart. Thiamine also acts as an antioxidant, protecting the body from the degenerative effects of aging, alcohol consumption, and smoking.
* Riboflavin / Vitamin B2
* Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) plays an important role in several enzymes and coenzymes as a hydrogen atom acceptor in various metabolic roles, including protein metabolism. It is a constituent of coenzymes involved in the release of energy from glucose and fatty acids in the mitochondria. It is important in DNA synthesis, and in the formation of red blood cells. Riboflavin also takes part in the activation of vitamin B-6 and conversion of folacin to its coenzymes. It may participate in red blood cell formation. The body's need for Riboflavin increases during growth, pregnancy, wound healing, and lactation. This phenomenon is related to the fact that riboflavin plays a role in protein metabolism, which is increased during these periods. Riboflavin has been used effectively in treating soreness and burning of the lips, mouth, and tongue, fissures and cracks in the lips, a purple, swollen tongue, and anemia.
* Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid
* Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid plays a vital role in the Krebs cycle, the system utilized by the body to release large amounts of energy. Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid is also a precursor to the amino acid glutamic acid (a non-essential amino acid that can be synthesized in the body) that is involved in protein synthesis (proteogenic) and can be converted to glucose (glycogenic). Glutamic acid actually helps to stabilize blood glucose levels, particularly during exercise, fasting or very low calorie diets. It is the driving step in mitochondrial fat burning, helping to drive the fat burning pathway.
* Alpha-ketoglutaric acid may prove an important adjunct to proper diet and training for the athlete desiring peak performance. Studies have shown that ammonia formed in the muscles, kidney and brain combines with alpha-ketoglutarate and L-glutamate in order to reduce ammonia toxicity. Studies which supplemented patients after surgery with alpha-ketoglutarate found that it caused reductions in the loss of lean body mass as well as a nitrogen sparing effect.
* L-Methionine is one of the sulphur containing amino acids and is important in many body functions. Through its supply of sulphur, it improves the tone and pliability of the skin, conditions the hair and strengthens nails. The mineral sulphur also protects the cells from airborne pollutants, such as smog, slows down the aging process in the cells, and is involved with the production of protein. Methionine is essential for the absorption and transportation and bioavailability of selenium and zinc in the body. It also acts as a lipotropic agent to prevent excess fat buildup in the liver, and is an excellent chelator of heavy metals, such as lead, cadmium and mercury, binding them and aiding in their excretion from the body.
* L-Methionine can help fatigue and may be useful in some cases of allergy because it reduces histamine release. It has also been used in the treatment of rheumatic fever and toxemia resulting from pregnancy. Recent studies show methionine deficiencies may be associated with the development of age related cataracts, and supplements may delay their development. In Parkinson's disease patients taking L-Dopa, it was found that additional supplements with L-Methionine may further decrease the tremors and rigidity that limit normal activities.
* Co-Q10 / Coenzyme Q10 Called the "miracle nutrient" CoQ10 is necessary for mitochondrial energy production. Some people unable to lose weight using other supplements are readily able to do so after taking this nutrient. Over thirty years ago, Dr. Karl Folkers, a biomedical scientist at the University of Texas in Austin, discovered that coenzyme Q10 helps to strengthen the heart muscle and energize the cardiovascular system in many heart patients. In recent years, additional studies support his findings and further add that coenzyme Q10 may protect against atherosclerosis and contain antioxidant properties, which may protect against the formation of oxysterols. In addition to being recommended for certain heart conditions, it is also purported to be beneficial in treating diabetes (by stimulating production of insulin), periodontal disease (by fighting off bacteria that cause disease), weight loss (essential in the burning of fat), and breast cancer.
* In a test that was run on some very obese individuals, 27 subjects in all were examined for a deficiency of Co Q-10. 14 of the 27 subjects were found to have less than normal amounts of Co Q-10. * As a further test five subjects with low enzyme levels were given 100 milligrams of Co Q-10 daily, along with a lowered calorie diet. After nine weeks, the mean weight loss for the group was 29.7 pounds!
* Glucosamine Sulphate
* Glucosamine Sulphates are a major building block of the water-loving proteoglycans. Specifically, Glucosamine is needed to make glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), proteins that bind with water in the cartilage matrix. These long chains of modified sugars (mucopolysaccharides) make up many body tissues, including tendons, ligaments, cartilage, synovial fluid, mucus membranes in the digestive and respiratory tracts, and structures in the eyes, blood vessels, and heart valves.
* Researchers have found that Glucosamine is the key precursor for all the various sugars found in GAGs, and further, that Glucosamine occupies the pivotal position in connective tissue synthesis, acting to stimulate collagen production, and connective tissue. Because Glucosamine "jump-starts" the production of these key elements of the cartilage matrix, and then protects them, it actually helps the body to repair damaged or eroded cartilage.
* 5-HTP / 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan
* 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan (5-HTP) is used by the human body to make serotonin, an important substance for normal nerve and brain function. Serotonin appears to play significant roles in sleep, emotional moods, pain control, inflammation, intestinal peristalsis, and other body functions.1 5-HTP is not present in significant amounts in a typical diet. The human body manufactures 5-HTP from L-tryptophan, a natural amino acid found in most dietary proteins. However, eating food that contains L-tryptophan does not significantly increase 5-HTP levels. Supplemental 5-HTP is naturally derived from the seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia, a West African medicinal plant and is considered by many researchers to be the safest tryptophan supplement available. 5-HTP is normally converted in the body from L-tryptophan, and as an intermediate metabolite, is further converted into melatonin, a neurohormone, and serotonin (5-HT), a neurotransmitter. In Europe, 5-HTP has been used for decades as an approved treatment for weight loss, depression; sleep problems, migraine headaches and other medical complaints.
* Nineteen obese female subjects with body mass index ranging between 30 and 40 were included in a double-blind crossover study aimed at evaluating the effects of oral 5-HTP administration on feeding behavior, mood state and weight loss. Either 5-HTP (8 mg/kg/day) or placebo was administered for five weeks during which patients were not prescribed any dietary restrictions. Feeding behavior was investigated by means of a questionnaire designed to establish the onset of anorexia and related symptoms. Food intake was evaluated using a three-day diet diary. The administration of 5-hydroxytryptophan resulted in typical anorexia-related symptoms, decreased food intake and weight loss during the period of observation.
* L-Alanine may alleviate hypoglycemia and improve immune system function. It is one of the simplest of the amino acids and is involved in the energy-producing breakdown of glucose. In conditions of sudden anaerobic energy need, when muscle proteins are broken down for energy, Alanine acts as a carrier molecule to take the nitrogen-containing amino group to the liver to be changed to the less toxic urea, thus preventing buildup of toxic products in the muscle cells when extra energy is needed. Because the body easily constructs Alanine from other sources, no deficiency state is known. Alanine is found in a wide variety of foods, but is particularly concentrated in meats.
* L-Glutathione is a critically important brain chemical and one of the most important brain antioxidants. Glutathione helps to preserve brain tissue by preventing damage from free radicals, destructive chemicals formed by the normal processes of metabolism, toxic elements in the environment, and as a normal response of the body to challenges by infectious agents or other stresses. Glutathione is also one of the most important components of the liver's detoxification system.
* Selenomethionine provides significant protection from heart disease, stimulates immune system function, and has potent anti-oxidant effects. Selenium, a major component of Selenomethionine, is essential for the functioning of the biologically important enzyme glutathione.
* Aloe Vera
* Aloe Vera is an exceptional healing plant with an extensive history of use covering 18 centuries. Its use in the body promotes cellular vitality, improved wound healing and enhanced immune function. Aloe powder, derived from the tough outer leaf of the plant, is a strong 'cathartic' consumed internally as a cleanser, and often touted as a treatment for a variety of conditions ranging from liver disease to AIDS. There are medical doctors doing research with cancer and AIDS patients taking very large doses of concentrated Aloe Vera and observing promising responses.
* The Lite Body Gems is for any person who would like assistance achieving a body weight ideal in torching off unwanted fat while preserving and building muscle and physical vitality. The basic components may serve well for most and others may require adding some of the other adjuncts described for a part of their plan. Individual adjustment is important at all stages of the program to get the best results not only in reshaping but also rejuvenating the body.
* By far the greatest benefits are to be realized by combining the products with adjustments in diet composition and cycling, shifts in physical exercise and activity, and retuning subtle habits and patterns. The Fat Burning Tips summary gives information you can draw from to create a complete and balanced program for yourself. The outcome can be not only helping yourself achieve a more desirable weight and shape, but move you toward higher levels of fitness, strength, and quality of life.
Precautions relate primarily to the energizing effects of some of the ingredients. Unlike some energizing substances and herbs, which may deplete cell chemistry and reserves, the energizing amino acids like phenylalanine and tyrosine help to restore reserves. Nonetheless these two amino acids are converted to epinephrine and norepinephrine, which in some persons may elevate blood pressure or aggravate cardiac conditions. Consult with your physician if there is any question of whether you should use these supplements. For the small percentage of persons who may notice an increase in blood pressure, taking the capsules with food will often relieve a tendency toward elevation. Persons taking antidepressants known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors should not take phenylalanine or tyrosine nor should persons taking antidepressants known as SSRI's take TMG. Persons taking Lithium for manic-depressive illness should use Iodine supplementation cautiously and with physician supervision.
Suggesed Usage: As a dietary supplement take 4 capsules per day. Whether eating or not, take 1 capsule at least 1/2 hour prior to morning and afternoon meals and 2 capsules at least 1/2 hour before evening meal.
Out of Stock
Lite Body Gems 120 caps $45.77
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If under medical care, or if pregnant or nursing, please consult a health professional.